We are on a mission to build one of the top online shopping destinations. A strong infrastructure and software foundation is critical to support the growing number of tools and services we offer to our shopper and seller community. As our Sr. Software Engineer for Infrastructure, you will own all aspects of building out a scalable and reliable infrastructure platform.
- Collaborate with the rest of the product team on brainstorming, planning, implementing and delivering new features while taking ownership of the back end components
- Scale server and software infrastructure to support growing customer base
- Promote best practices and latest tools and software development methodologies
- Improve customer experience by monitoring and improving server response and page load times
- Migrate legacy components to developer community preferred choices
- Implement and roll out best security practices
- 3-5 years of experience developing web applications serving users at scale (millions of visitors a month)
- Solid computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and experience writing production level code in multiple programming languages
- 1-2 years of experience developing Ruby on Rails applications at all levels of the web stack
- Devops experience building, maintaining and troubleshooting AWS services : ECS, RDS, ElasticSearch, Elaticache, Redshift, Kinesis and others.
- Leadership and project management experience is a plus
Direct applications only, no agents or firms.